The function of retail packaging in the modern world is mainly to encourage consumers to purchase and use the product. A product which features a beautifully designed piece of packaging can stand apart from competitor products on the shelves and promote sales. Although the design is of paramount importance, the creative process involved is far more complex than the aesthetics alone. Consideration needs to be made towards storage, tactility, materials and how the product is accessed from the packaging.
This article showcases a handful of innovative contemporary packaging designs for everyday products. They are remarkable. I am sure, next time when you are off for your grocery shopping, you will certainly end up buying any of such amazingly packaged products instead of your required stuff.
6. 100% Chocolate Cafe | Country: Japan | Font: ITC Avant Garde Gothic
12. Designed by Peter Gregson | Country: Serbia | Fonts: hand lettering
19. Designed by KOREFE | Illustration: Heiko Windisch | Country: Germany
36. Designed by TAXI | Country: Canada
47. Designed by BVD | Country: Sweden | Fonts used: Helvetica
49. Designed by Hampus Jageland | Country: Australia | Fonts used: FF Sari
53. Great work from Experimental Jetset for the Helvetica Blu-ray limited edition.